[ptx] Building libpano12-2.7.0.8

Mattias traesket at glocalnet.net
Mon Dec 20 11:43:01 GMT 2004

I have a freshly untarred build tree of libpano12-2.7.0.8

When I run ./configure I get the following error:

***
checking for png.h... yes
checking for png_get_io_ptr in -lpng... no
checking if PNG package is complete... no -- some components failed test
configure: error:
         the png library must be installed on your system
         but configure could not find it.
***

I have libpng-1.2.5 installed on my system.
Do I need a newer version, or is it not a complete install I have?
Or, this may not be the preferred build process on a Linux system?

When I run:  make -f makefile.linux libpano12.so
It seems to work, and I get a libpano12.so file...

My goal is to make a new libpano12.so ver. 2.7.0.8 and be able to link
my own program with the library.
I might have accomplished this, and only need to copy libpano12.so and
the corresponding header files to my include and lib directories?

Regards:
Mattias S