[ptx] problems compiling current cvs

Stefan M. Brandl ptx at smbnet.de
Thu Dec 16 10:29:38 GMT 2004

Hello,
after being absent for a couple of weeks, I have problems compiling
the current hugin-cvs.
When doing a ./configure I get the following error:

checking for PNG support ...
configure: png home set to /usr
checking png.h usability... yes
checking png.h presence... yes
checking for png.h... yes
checking for png_get_io_ptr in -lpng... no
checking if PNG package is complete... no -- some components failed test
configure: error:
        the png library must be installed on your system
        but configure could not find it. Use --with-png to
        specify the location of the PNG library

libpng is installed in /usr/lib (libpng-1.2.5).
The last version I tried, was from Nov. 4 and compiled successfully.

Regards
 Stefan