[ptx] win32 enblend 2.1 fails with Adobedeflate (was: Enblend 2.1!)

Gavin Stewart gavin at stewart.com.au
Sat Dec 11 04:51:00 GMT 2004

On Wed Nov 24 01:26:04 GMT 2004, Andrew C Mihal:

 > > I got a problem with this version on windows. I got the message :
 > > Adobedeflate compression support is not installed
 > > I try with or without the  -z option, but there's no change.
 > > Is There an explication ?

 > Sorry, the Windows executable of Enblend does not support the Deflate
 > compression type. This prevents Enblend from reading your image
files. > The
 > -z flag turns on compression on the output file - it does not affect
 > reading the input images. I am assuming you are using photoshop to
 > edit your images before passing them to enblend, right? I expect there
 > to be an
 > option to use a different compression type (LZW is common).

I do not believe that this is the reason for the error, and can verify
that there is a problem with uncompressed tiffs and win32 enblend 2.1

The tiff's are generated from hugin_2004_11_13 (win32). Just to verify
I loaded the tiffs into gimp and re-saved them with no compression, the
same error "AdobeDeflate compression support is not configured" appears.

Using win32 enblend 2.0 does not show any problems with the same files.

However, using LZW compression works fine with 2.1 but hugin does not
export tiffs with that as an option.

I see from the changelog that a lot of tiff import stuff has been
touched since version 2.0, is it possible that something broke ?

Cheers,

gavin.