[ptx] Comments&questions

Davide Capodaglio davidecapod at inwind.it
Wed Dec 1 13:27:58 GMT 2004

> >But if i'm not wrong in this way I can select the spot only inside the image,
> >while selecting it in the final panorama you can place it outside the images (eg
> >the change perspective)
>
> Ok,
> that cannot be done graphically. But in case I don't want to set to a
> virtual point outside the images, i would prefer to do that using
> values. You can do that by keying in the values for the anchor image on
> the images tab.
Yes but I think that setting the anchor point on the whole panorama preview
wuold be more useful, in this way you can set the point where you want, inside
or outside; setting values by hand is not so confortable...

> >The preview is ok, but I mean a viewer for the final stitched image with the
> >possibility to refine the cropping without opening it with a photo retouching
> >program.
>
> Agree, that would be nice. I expect this to be a lot of work. Im not sure
> if it would be possible to give PTStitcher or nona advice how and where
> to crop and it would require a non trivial graphical interface to define
> croppings.
> At least it would require running the engine in background first (that's
> waht the preview already does) to find out where the crops are.
>
> Most people here use enblend (in combination with nona it can be launched
> directly out of hugin). You will get the uncropped individual images as
> well, can load these into gimp, crop them there and run enblend by the
> command shell over the modified multiple images. Works nice and this is
> the appropriate method to fix moving objects.

Ok I am following this way too. But when there is no need to modify images
before stitching it would be nice to execute nona&enblend from hugin and after
to let him open directly the final image with a simple interface (just a
selection rectangle) to crop the FINAL image only; I don't think that this is so
hard... just a convert -crop.