[ptx] Comments&questions

Davide Capodaglio davidecapod at inwind.it
Wed Dec 1 11:10:57 GMT 2004

> welcome to the 'hugin-club' :-)

Thanks a lot :-))

> >inside the program? I also tried PTGUI and I think that the "select center"
> >function in the panorama preview would be useful... why not include it also
>in hugin?
>
> On the image tab select an image and hit "Adjust the anchor spot".

But if i'm not wrong in this way I can select the spot only inside the image,
while selecting it in the final panorama you can place it outside the images (eg
the change perspective)

> >If I'm not wrong in PTGUI it is possible to place two points in the same >image
> >for vert/horiz line, while in hugin they can't.
>
> Just create 2 points in the same image - it will automatically be
> interpreted as "horizontal" or "vertical". You can manually change
> that as well (control points tab, mode)

Ah ok, you mean selecting the same image in both panels...

> >I also think that including in hugin a viewer for the final image possibly
> >including a built-in cropper for the black borders would be very useful...
>
> It's there (preview) and it's good and fast. If you see to mach
> borders, try adjusting the field of view and the yaw of the anchor
> image. Except for very asymetrical panoramas this will help to minimize
> the black borders.

The preview is ok, but I mean a viewer for the final stitched image with the
possibility to refine the cropping without opening it with a photo retouching
program.

Bye
Davide