[ptx] Comments&questions

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Wed Dec 1 10:48:21 GMT 2004

Hi Davide,

welcome to the 'hugin-club' :-)

>inside the program? I also tried PTGUI and I think that the "select center"
>function in the panorama preview would be useful... why not include it also >in hugin?

On the image tab select an image and hit "Adjust the anchor spot".

>If I'm not wrong in PTGUI it is possible to place two points in the same >image
>for vert/horiz line, while in hugin they can't.

Just create 2 points in the same image - it will automatically be
interpreted as "horizontal" or "vertical". You can manually change
that as well (control points tab, mode)

The last thing: what is the best stitcher? PTStitcher or nona? and the
best
autopano? kolor/sift/autopano/panosifter?

Depends on waht you're doing. I have godd experiences with both -
PTStitcher and nona. I actually have some trouble with nona stitching
full sphaericals, so I use PTStitcher for that.

>I also think that including in hugin a viewer for the final image possibly
>including a built-in cropper for the black borders would be very useful...

It's there (preview) and it's good and fast. If you see to mach
borders, try adjusting the field of view and the yaw of the anchor
image. Except for very asymetrical panoramas this will help to minimize
the black borders.

>Although hugin is a great piece of software...

Totally agree ;-)

best, mike

http://www.trozzreaxxion.net
http://www.panoclub.de