[ptx] autostitch -- fully automatic stitcher from the SIFT inventors

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Wed Dec 1 09:31:30 GMT 2004

I also tried autostich yesterday.

I did a good job on some multirows (some of multirow-buildings). The
match good, but they are projected equirectangular. Therefore they are
unusable. The buildings look like a huge mushroom ;-)

I don't have much 360deg singlerows, but the ones I tried (monopod used)
had some significant failures.

i think autostitch will do an excellent and very fast and simple job on
2-6 handheld shots. So it will be a usable tool for 'normal'
photographers who want to extend their field of view capabilities from
time to time but don't want to dive deep into all this panotools stuff.

I'm still impressend how fast autostitch is - WOW!
It really should export a projectfile instead of a pano ;-)

best, mike