[ptx] hugin, nona, enblend on amd64

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Fri Aug 27 16:44:34 BST 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, JD Smith wrote:

> I thought nona was just another front-end to the panotools lib which
> skipped some of the more brain-dead "mapping unused pixels" which the
> source-unavailable PTStitcher apparently was doing.

Hmm, I'm not using the image data structures of the original panotools. nona
can remap images of any datatype.
I have replaced the transForm (which loops over the whole image, and remaps
every pixel) function of the original available in libpano12. Fulvio and Rik
added a good interpolation algorithm, that avoids evaluating the heavy pano
transform for every pixel, and is therefore a lot faster in the black areas.

> Shouldn't nona be
> able to call the accelerated panotools lib without any further
> modification, for a *huge* speedup?

Well, then I would be forced to restrict nona to 8/16 bit images.

> Looks like optimizing enblend
> should now be the focus...

True.

> BTW, have you tested the speedup using multi-layer TIFF from
> nona->enblend as patched by Edouard Gomez for reading MLTs?

Nope I haven't. would save some diskspace and time compressing black areas,
I think. unfortunately the patch hasn't made it into enblend yet, so I'm
still using multiple tiff files to enblend from hugin.