[ptx] Autopano: No localization?

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Wed Aug 18 21:49:50 BST 2004

ptx-bounces at email-lists.org wrote:

> Le Tuesday 03 August 2004 ( fix the date on your computer!!) please  12:10,

Fix the date???

I'm in Norway, it is currently 22:46 Wed Aug 18 here. (i.e. 20:46 UTC)

I maintain the windows binaries of the official/open source ntpd
(Network Time Protocol) distribution, all my machines (and the 25000+ in
my corporate network) should be very accurate.

> Terje Mathisen a écrit :
>
>>There is a problem when using autopano together with PTAssembler, and
>>being in a country where the decimal point is a comma:
>>
>>autopano uses the C locale, which means that all control points are
>>output with a '.' (period) before the fractional coordinates, while
>>PTAssembler obeys the configured country locale and fails to accept any
>>control points.
>>
>>I've temporarily fixed this by setting my locale to the US, but I'd like
>>to go back to the proper setup.
>

> you could replace '.' by ','? (it shouldn't be difficult in a text editor?
> (and I think easier than switching to US locale)

Max already solved the problem, the alternative would have been to write
a wrapper program, also called autopano, that called the original and
then converted the number formats before returning to the calling
program (PTAsm).

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>