[ptx] Looking for expertise on optimizer internals

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Apr 29 04:38:57 BST 2004

Hi Rik,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 08:08:47PM -0700, Littlefields - Rik, Janis, Kyle & Peter wrote:

> AutoPano folks, see    Brown & Lowe,
> http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/lowe/papers/brown03.pdf .

An updated paper on SIFT which is more detailed is at
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~lowe/papers/ijcv04-abs.html

Alexandre and myself used this paper during our implementations, though the
paper misses some small points you will notice when implementing ;)

My implementation is available with source at
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~nowozin/autopano-sift/
and includes SIFT, BBF and some simple filter checking on the control points.

Alexandres is at http://autopano.kolor.com/ and has all the same plus RANSAC
transformation checks on the resulting sets. There is a bug left, noted on this
list, though.

bye,
Sebastian

--