windows compilation

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Fri Sep 19 13:27:20 BST 2003

Yili,

this worked fine for me - I'm compiling the debug version daily. Are you
sure, you have recompiled wxWindows in debug mode as well, like mentioned in
windows_compile.txt?

I have two folder - one is wxWindows-2.4.1, compiled following this method:
*********************windows_compile.txt*****************************
   Compile and install wxWindows by
      - uncompress wxMSW-2.4.1.zip and copy the patch from
        wxWindows-2.4.1-patch01.zip into the wxWindows-2.4.1
        directory
      - open a msys shell, set the WXWIN environment
        variable. I unzipped wxwindows to d:tempwxWindows-2.4.1
        Adjust the path below to fit your needs.

         $ export WXWIN=/d/temp/wxWindows-2.4.1

        This sets the variable only for the current shell, it will
        be lost after closing the shell. It can be set permanently
        using autoexec.bat (on Win9x) or in the Environment Dialog
        on Windows NT/2000/XP (access it with right click my computer ->
        Properties)

        Compile the main wxwindows library.
        Edit $WXWIN/src/makeg95.env and remove all occurences of
        "-fno-rtti -fno-exceptions".
        hugin uses exceptions in some places, so they need to be enabled.

        Start the compilation with:

         $ cd $WXWIN/src/msw
         $ make -f makefile.g95 clean
         $ make -f makefile.g95

        Compile xrc extension

         $ cd ../../contrib/src/xrc
         $ make -f makefile.g95 clean
         $ make -f makefile.g95
*********************windows_compile.txt*****************************
Does this work for you too?

The second folder (final-wxWindows-2.4.1) i have used to compile the final
version like described in windows_compile.txt.

I think, there is a better way to hold both versions and don't waste so much
diskspace - but this one is simple and clean. To compile hugin in debug or
release mode you only have to set the WXWIN variable different.

I hope this will work for you too.
best, mike

>  I have compiled hugin successfully under released mode, but when I change
>debug mode, the compilation failed at:
>  d:/wxWindows-2.4.1/lib/libwxmswd.a(log.o)(.text+0xe34): In function
`Z10wxLogDebugPKcz':
>  d:/wxWindows-2.4.1/src/msw/../../src/common/log.cpp:293: multiple
definition of `wxLogDebug(char const*, ...)'