new features (estimate ala PanoPoints)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Sun Oct 26 23:33:26 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've added another feature to the control point picker, inspired from
PanoPoints. It is possible to estimate the translation of the images by
averaging the control points.

There is an "auto estimate" option, to try to place a control point (with
fine tune) on the estimate. Since it doesn't take any perspective distortion
or rotation into account, it is probably only useful for single row panos
or so. It also works only with the second click after one zoomed in, to be
able to select a good point.

the "p" key can be used to "warp" the cursor to the estimated point in the
other image. Useful if the "auto estimate option" doesn't work properly..

I wish I had time to add it properly, so that it works with all lens types
etc. I didn't even have time to test it properly. hope it works alright.

Two new shortcuts:
Del can be used to delete control points now, "f" to fine tune.