editing panorams in gimp (multiple layers)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Mon Oct 6 10:34:42 BST 2003

Hi,

Any gimp wizard out here?

I've stitched some panoramas on the weekend and I'd like to edit them in
gimp to remove some moving people etc.

I found http://www.vierpi.de/tif2xcf.html, to create an xcf file from
the TIFF_M output of PTStitcher. But is is horribly memory intensive for
bigger panoramas, because each image is contained in a layer as big as
the whole panorama. Naturally these layers are mostly black.

As far as I remember, gimp supports layers with different sizes. Does
anybody know gimp well enought to use script-fu to figure out the crop
size and insert them into an xcf file composed of several smaller layers?