[ptx] What's your opinion for pc version

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Thu Nov 27 10:40:07 GMT 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Alexandre Jenny wrote:

> 2 choices :
> - having an big exe with all the libraries inside (statically linked ...)
> - having an small exe with many dll outside (dynamically linked ...)
>
> I haven't any opinion so I'm just asking.

Hmm I don't like placing all the dll's we depend on into the system dll
folder. So far I have create statically linked exe's. I already see users
complaining that their system is broken etc.

Having our own copies inside the hugin program folder doesn't buy us much,
since code won't be shared. So I have build statically linked binaries,
which resulted in ~5 MB big .exes (release, without debug info). Does
VC.net create significantly different file sizes?