[ptx] Some glitches

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Thu Nov 20 18:48:27 GMT 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

>   Hi!
>
> I've just checked out the latest public cvs version of hugin to test
> the multiple-lens stuff.  Some hurdles I fell across:
>
>  - reading in images applies the focal length value of the first image
>    to all consecutive ones, ignoring different values in the exif header.

Well, thats what I meant with editing the script file... No automatic
detection. no time to fix though.

>  - It's not possible to activate (e.g.) HFOV-optimization only for one
>    of the lenses.
>
>  - already noticed this earlier: while the (changed) values of Y,P,R
>    are displayed in the optimizer window, this isn't true for the lens
>    parameters - I always have to go to lens settings and check the new
>    values to see if they are reasonable.

Well, this is harder to do, since the lens parameters can valid for all
images with the same lens (inherited), or different (for parameter that are
not inherited). So what should I display there? hmm maybe if the var is
linked then I could show the value.

>  - using the 'edit script' behaves somehow weird.  Is this for sure
>    the file that is used for optimization?  I changed some checkmarks,
>    excluding variables from opt., and still got the same file as
>    before to edit, i.e., those variables are still marked as
>    'optimize'.

? The edited file is used for optimisation. you can check that by
looking at /tmp/PT_script.txt. changeing the script will not change anything
in the GUI. Its just an option for advanced users, for the cases where the
gui is not sufficient.

I don't understand your description. you said that you changed some
checkmarks (in custom mode I assume), and that the script didn't show the
right optimize options?

I just used custom, and set all pitch parameters to not optimize and this is
what I got:
v r1 y1 r2 y2 r3 y3 r4 y4 r5 y5 r6 y6 r7 y7

>    Contrary to that, if I use 'everything' from the drop list, the
>    file still says
>     v p0 r0 y0 p1 r1 y1
>    but nothing of the distortion parameters and e/f....

hmm. I just tried that and the line was:

# specify variables that should be optimized
v a0 b0 c0 v0 p1 r1 y1 p2 r2 y2 p3 r3 y3 p4 r4 y4 p5 r5 y5 a6 b6 c6 p6 r6 v6 y6 p7 r7 y7

As you can see (the a,b,c parameter for image 0 and 6), this project contains
two lenses

Hmm, have to check why d/e are not appering, even if they are selected for
optimisation. btw. optimizing linked d/e values is buggy (at least according
to some posts on the PanoTools list.).

> (Pablo: Do you prefer this info here, or rather in bugzilla?)

Since I wont have time to fix much stuff right now, you can also enter it
in bugzilla. Else it might get lost in my inbox...