My comments, questions and enhancements

thp poehler at web.de
Wed Nov 12 13:01:23 GMT 2003

Hi Peter.

>>Another question: Can I customize the factor for focal length
>>calculation? The calculated focal length is not correct for my
>>camera. For a landscape image a focal length of 38,601 mm is
>>calculated. The correct focal length would be 34 mm.
>>

>Hmm, what do you call 'correct'?

The correct focal length is determined by a factor that differs from
camera to camera. As I understood hugin reads the (real) focal length
from the EXIF data, converts it to a focal length for a 35 mm film and
calculates the degrees of view. Is this right?

IF this is correct, then you have to be able to customize the factor for
the converstion of the focal length. As I told you, my images are taken
with a focal factor of 7.13 mm (i.e. 34 mm compared to a 35 mm film),
because the factor for my camera is 4.77. Hugin converts the focal
length to 38.601 mm, i.e. a factor of  5.41 is used.

BR
--Thomas