changes to makefiles / build system

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Thu Jun 5 11:14:54 BST 2003

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

I'm at work, so only a brief answer.

> It is as well possible to do so. Good. After You create an /etc/hugin with
> all paths set, I take the values from there with an config object.

ok, lets do it this way.

> By the way I changed the config object to an global one outside huginApp,
> to easy touch it from other classes (MainFrame). Hope thats good?

Ah, no thats not good. static objects in c++ can be a pain in the a**.
Many hidden prblems with creation order etc. Its best not to enter
that snake pit.

In my last commit I have already set our wxConfig object as the global
one, with wxConfig:set().
It can be accessed from everywhere, using the static wxConfig::Get()
So the thing you wanted was already there. And it
is used by several wxwin dialogs as well (file dialog will store its
last path there, I hope. At least the doc sais that.).

When global objects are needed, they should be created using the
singleton design pattern that enforces only one global instance of
an class. usually such an object creates itself when it is first
asked for the instance with a static getInstance() function.

The GlobalCmdHistory is another singleton in the hugin, code.

I will not use ANY global objects. there is no need for that in c++.
imho :)

> Is it possible to install xrc files as well. I looked at it but did not
> figure out what has to be changed. xrc/Makefile is attached.

yep it is.
ups, forgot to checkin that makefile.
damn it. I also check in some changed to the xrc files that I have
made in my local copy. I hope it still works. have to check in
my half finished other changes to CPEditorPanel & friends as well,
later today.

btw. what tool do you use to edit the .xrc files?