wxPanoViewer continue

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Jul 29 18:09:01 BST 2003

Thanks for so looking so close!

Am 29.07.03, 15:16 +0100 schrieb Bruno Postle:

> On Tue 29-Jul-2003 at 02:22:50PM +0200, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> > (Did You build some installation mechanism in, for installing
> > wxPanoViewer from source? Otherwise I would put it to the TODOs.)
>
> No, my rpm spec file just does does `configure --prefix=/usr; make`,
> then `cd src/PanoImage; make -f makefile.unx`.

Does it mean hugin must search in /usr/bin for panoviewer ? So I have to
add this to the searchpath or change the make process a bit.

> I think that so long as panoviewer is in the hugin tarball, it
> should be built and installed as part of the main make process.

Would be handy, but is not done yet.

> Ok, I'll describe the current state of Hugin as I find it, though
Great.

> probably I'm missing something important.
>
> Images tab
> ----------
>
> I can add multiple photos, using a standard file dialog.
>
> The tab consists of a table widget that lists all photos with little
> thumbnails and default roll, pitch & yaw settings.
>
> There is a space at the side where I can edit these settings and a
> preview image where I can click; the position of the click sets the
> pitch and yaw - Though I don't get any feedback, the image seems to
> be just the last preview generated?

In the first moment You will see the previous preview.
Once the connection to panoviewer works relieable the preview is updated
by default. The connection to an external programm is somewhat unrobust.

> (after a bit more playing, I find that this image is updated with
> every click once I have configured the lens and panorama tabs with
The lens hfov should get allways 90 degree if unset or zero. I updated
this yesterday to cvs. (?)

> their default values)
>
> Lens settings tab
> -----------------
>
> This looks much like the Images tab, though the table widget
> displays hfov, a, b, c, d & e.  After lots of clicking, I can

Multiselection should work - two clicks. Is it better to preselect all
images for the first time they get inserted?

> type-in the hfov of each photo.
>
> Control points tab
> ------------------

> Panorama settings
> -----------------
>
> This tab has all the left-over stuff.  The optimize button doesn't
> seem to do anything, so I guess it hasn't been implemented yet.

It is implemented and work as something is set to optimize. You can tear
off the Pano settngs tab on the left side with the blue button. This You
have this tab as child window on bottom of the main window. Switch
to autopreview. Select the first tab and press optimize. After some
freezing time the thaw window (small preview) should update.
Sorry this unhandy way. Till I have panoviewer working in flat mode the
firts tab preview gives the most informativ feedback (just very small).
I work just on panoviewer to solve this.

> There is a place to set the output panorama-type and hfov.
>
> The preview button stitches a small panorama and then displays it in
> a pop-up panoviewer - This doesn't quite work unless I reset the
> hfov using the pull-down menu, the default of 360 is otherwise
> ignored (I just discovered this).

?? - old version?
Bruno, I see You have no direct developers cvs access. This makes Your
sources a bit outdate.

Pablo, I would like to let Bruno get the current cvs state for his work.
This would mean he needs developer access - is it ok so?

> The 'stitch images' button seems do fo a full stitch as expected.
>
> > Would somebody like to provide an list of steps to get useable results?
>
> This is the first time I've got any proper output from the new
> wxhugin (woo!).  The only thing that is strange is the way that the
> preview picker window in the first tab relies on information that
> doesn't exist until the other tabs have been visited.

I aggree with the first step there should be relieable feedback, thats why
we are writing a gui.

> --
> Bruno

it is what I need :-)