hugin comments

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Jul 17 17:33:55 BST 2003

Am 17.07.03, 11:27 +0100 schrieb Bruno Postle:
Thanks for Your comments Bruno.
Please can You put all these things in the bug form on the hugin sf site.
It would be fine to find it later easy and dont be forgotten.

> I've been doing a regular cvs up & make with hugin and just want to
> say that it is definitely shaping up to be a great tool.
>
> The control point selector is very good, with zoom set to "fit to
> window" and with "auto fine tune" set, it is going to very simple
> to get a lot of control points done.
>
> Now that I've discovered I can run `./configure --prefix=/usr`, I'll
> try and put together a RPM package at some point.

The make for the PanoImage directory is not integrated in the other
makeprocess. Maybe it is good to build an own packet for it. The author
allowd us (hugin) to maintain wxPanoViewer.

> Some random stuff I've noticed:
>
> I think there is a file missing from CVS, as I get this error when I
> launch hugin:
>
>     10:57:25: Cannot load resources from file 'xrc/preview_frame.xrc'.

I will comment out this line in huginApp.cpp . This was (as preview
window) never used because I decided to use wxPanoViewer instead.
wxPanoViewer would like an flatmode, remember the old state before
the moment second priority for me.

> I discovered that I can set the fov for the lenses only if I set a
> lens parameter first (otherwise it crashes).

This is a known bug. But vetoing this crashes is for later.

> Stitching seems to work and the result pops up in the panoviewer
> (though the actual jpg produced is blank, I'll have to look into
> why that is).

Maybe there should other defaults been set.

> The Optimizer tab is empty, I guess it hasn't been done yet?

I'am about to integrate it in the first and second tab likewise to the
ptx mockup. Is this ok for the workflow? The Optimizer would remain as a
button in the Panorama tab.

> --
> Bruno

Kai-Uwe