PTopengui programming

Juha Helminen juhe@nic.fi
Thu Jan 2 11:11:42 GMT 2003

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have an question, because I am only about starting of programming.
>starting active programming would be only possible for me if I could
>eighter load the compiler from borland for linux? or I convert the whole
>project to gtk/qt ?  Is this right?

gtk/qt have different interface and project made with Borland C++Builder
might not help much (= rewrite whole project). Borland compiler has
integrated development enviroment (IDE) and it generates basic code for
windows interface. I suppose that conversion from Borland code to gtk/qt
is easiet to make when you know how it works in Kylix. Kylix has nearly
same libraries than windows version has and those functions might make
little extra work to make conversion to qt.

Juha