Compile wxWindows and Hugin on Windows Platform

Yili Zhao ylzhao at vip.sina.com
Fri Aug 29 22:58:33 BST 2003

Pablo wrote:
> did you use the "configure" or the Makefiles directly approach to compiling?
  I think I used the makefile approach to compile wxWindows.
  Below is excerpted from wxWindows document:

  |If using MinGW, you can download the add-on MSYS package to provide Unix-like tools |
  |that you'll need to build wxWindows.                                                |
  |o Using makefiles directly                                                          |
  |Here are the steps required using the provided makefiles:                           |
  |                                                                                    |
  |- Set your WXWIN variable to where wxWindows is installed.                          |
  |*** IMPORTANT: For Cygwin/MinGW, use forward slashes in the path, not               |
  |backslashes.                                                                        |
  |                                                                                    |
  |- Edit src/makeg95.env and set the MINGW32 variable at the top of                   |
  |the file to either 1 (you have MinGW) or 0 (if you have                             |
  |Cygwin); also set the MINGW32VERSION variable appropriately for your                |
  |GCC version.                                                                        |
  |                                                                                    |
  |- Use the makefile.g95 files for compiling wxWindows and samples,                   |
  |e.g. to compile a debugging version of wxWindows:                                   |
  |to compile a DLL:                                                                   |
  |> cd c:\wx\src\msw                                                                  |
  |> make -f makefile.g95 clean                                                        |
  |> make -f makefile.g95 WXMAKINGDLL=1                                                |
  |> cd c:\wx\samples\minimal                                                          |
  |> make -f makefile.g95 cleanall                                                     |
  |> make -f makefile.g95 WXUSINGDLL=1                                                 |

  I used the same approach as above depict.

Yili