Compile wxWindows and Hugin on Windows Platform

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Fri Aug 29 10:34:05 BST 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Yili Zhao wrote:

> Hi members,
>   It seems that I have compiled wxWindows successfully on my WindowsXP platform.
>   My Compile Tools used: MinGW 2.0.0.3 and MSYS 1.0.0.9.
>   After compiling wxWindows sourcecode, I get these files:"libjpeg.a" "libpng.a" "libregex.a" "libtiff.a" "libwxmsw241d.a" "libzlib.a" and a dll file "wxmsw241d.dll".
>   Then I compile xrc sourcecode, only get a "libwxxrc.a" file, no dll file.

.a is a static library, and all you need to link wxWindows into an
executable.

did you use the "configure" or the Makefiles directly approach to compiling?

>   Do I compile wxWindows successfully?
>   I will try to compile Hugin later.

the hugin ./configure script is written using perl, which is not
included in MSYS. You might have to copy the
*.tmpl files to * and edit the uppercase VARIABLES (like __WXFLAGS) in them.

if you have used the "make" approach for wxwindows then compiling
hugin is probably not straightforward, because wxwindows doesn't create
a wx-config script file that contains the compiler settings, and you
have to put write them into the makefile (src/makefiles/config.mk) by hand..