ImageCache class

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Aug 25 12:20:35 BST 2003

Am 24.08.03, 23:20 +0200 schrieb Pablo d'Angelo:

> oh, acutally, the widht and height should be stored in the Panorama
> model as well, so it probably easier to just read it from there.

Yes, this could help.

> > As long as the "*_small" image remains in the cache for thumbnails, this
> > should work.
>
> Acutally I rewrote that function so that it creates the thumbnail if its
> not already in the cache. I think it is easier if the cache knows how to
> produce an image it was asked for. (Previously, getSmallImage() depended
> on getImage() to be called first). This also fixed the problem of
> geting black thumbnails. I haven't investigated why, but it works now.

The class ImagePanel does all stuff with the thumbnails and the small
images for a quick PTStitcher run. It saves "*_small" from ImageCache to
disk (previewxxx.ppm) and scales it for the image preview (while mouse in
list with selected item, this may change) and creates the list thumbnails.

The black thumbnails resulted from directory changes by m_workDir.
Something did not found the original image so.

> > getHeight(), getWidth(), getName(), getCount() .
>
> What would getCount() do?

It counts the number of layers in tiff, gif or other sequence capable
formats.
Currently it is not used by any function but maybe in future versions.

> Currently the exif data is only read once, during adding the image.
> I haven't thougt about rereading the exif data. Is there a use case that
> needs this feature?

I have no plans too, so we can skip this.

> ciao
>   Pablo

Kai-Uwe