My first hugin trial

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Aug 5 14:08:09 BST 2003

Am 02.08.03, 14:32 +0800 schrieb HaJo Schatz:

> > > - In the Images tab, it's a bit annoying that the preview changes with
> > > 'MouseOver'. While this appears neat at first, it's difficult to select

I tried a new behaviour:
 - mouse-over is gone
 - preview is switched on by default
 - two modes are remaining for the right side image:
         - the selected image is shown while in the list part of the tab
         - after leaving the list the equirectangular preview of the pano
           is shown
   I know the original xpt gui showed two images side by side. I hope to
   circumvent this. An solution will be if the panoviewer can show other
   modes than only extracting perspective from spherical images.

> > > a pic, move the mouse to the preview window (without hitting another
> > > pic) and changing the parameters. Maybe once the mouse is out of the
> > > file listing, the preview should switch back to the selected pic? Or,
> > > the traditional way, the preview only changes once the list entry is
> > > clicked on.
> >
> > You have multi selection in this tab as in the second. Now what to do?
> > Changing back to one selected pic is not more meaningfull as let the last
> > mouse-over pic staying. The only thing I can imagine is to switch to the
> > preview after leaving the list. (Better would be larger icons. If someone
> > else says so, we should change.)
>
> Let me describe in detail at an example: I am loading say 4 images
> covering a 360deg pano. Now I want to do a first, rough input of the
> params. I click on the second image, enter 90deg, click on the 3rd
> image, enter 180degs, select the 4th and enter 270deg. When doing this
> quickly, I will certainly see the wrong preview on the right -- which
> can become quite confusing. On top, I think, the parameters at the
> bottom right do then not correspond to the preview on the top. I think
> from a ergonomic point of view, this shouldn't be the case, it adds
> confusion to the process.
>
> Larger icons might not really fix the problem, as people traditionally
> (that's how 99% of all the GUIs out there are written) expect to move
> around with the mouse freely without "destroying" anything. I think
> generally state changes based on "mouse-over" make sense if there is
> only viewing involved, not editing of any sort (which requires the mouse
> to go somewhere else to do the editing).

Kai-Uwe