GUI complexity

Juha Helminen juhe at nic.fi
Thu Apr 24 16:11:50 BST 2003

 > It's worse than that; a, b & c vary depending on the focus distance
 > too.

Also e and d can vary between shots -- depends on how sturdy used lens
is (I suppose that mine smaller zoom lens is not best here). This is not
a big problem. When images have parallax errors then e and d might tell
how much there are errors.
How to make GUI that can be fitted to various needs of user? Program
should have atleast two modes: easy (with some expectations) and
advanced that supports all modes that PanoTools gives.

 > I think a lot of this could be completely automated, perhaps even
 > selection of control points, though the user would have to align
 > everything by eye first.

This would be good task to implement :)

 > Also, once all the input image parameters are decided, this output
 > format is irrelevant, you could "render" into any number of
 > different output formats.

Optimization result is not always same with control points that have
type t1 or t2. Atleast t3 changes input parameters and output is not
same always. Automatic control point adding logick might not add points
that have type t1 or higher.

 > BTW, I like the different colours for control points, it makes it
 > easy to visualise what is going on.

Maybe there could be some logic to select good colors depending on
background image.

Juha