ptopengui bcb -> wxWindows port

Frédéric frederic at gbiloba.org
Wed Apr 23 20:01:06 BST 2003

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 16:59, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

> Well if I stick to QT then the GUI can't be shared, (actually, I find
> that the current ptopengui has too many knobs ;), but the model
> classes and the files shouldn't be a problem. Lets start with the common
> common part, and decide about the toolkit later.

I think it is a good idea, but Qt (and, I'm sure, wxWindow) offers a lot
of powerfull classes to do the common code. It could be nice to use these
classes, but then, code won't be sharable. In another hand, I think it is
not a good idea to get third party classes to handle XML, for example, as
Qt is able to do that, just to have common code.

What do you think about ? Maybe the common part could be the UML diagrams
only. Once they are done, it is very easy to code.

PS: I've just found another project, but now dead: Ptx. See at:

   http://www.nongnu.org/xpt

The author said that we can use his code. There are nice ideas in the GUI,
like preview images in each step.

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org