[proj-imim] Linux GUI for Panorama Tools

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Fri Apr 18 11:56:32 BST 2003

On Thu 17-Apr-2003 at 04:59:00 -0700, John Blommers wrote:

> I have a laptop running Red Hat 8 Linux.
> May I try your panorama stitcher hugin sometime?

It's not mine, I just compiled a version and posted screenshots, it
is written by Pablo d'Angelo <pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de>:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/

Since it is not really finished, there are no pre-compiled binaries,
you have to fetch it via cvs and compile it yourself.

I don't know how experienced you are with cvs, these two commands
should retrieve the full source tree (hit enter when it asks for a
password):

  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/hugin login
  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/hugin co hugin

The INSTALL file contains instructions for compiling.

You need to have a load of development RPMs installed, this _should_
be a complete list:

  cvs
  libgcc
  libmng
  make
  qt-devel
  libexif-devel   (I don't think this one comes with redhat)
  expat-devel
  fontconfig-devel
  freetype-devel
  glibc-devel
  libjpeg-devel
  libpng-devel
  libstdc++-devel
  zlib-devel

If you have any problems or questions, ask me anything you like.

(Cc'd to the ptx list since this might be interesting there)

--
Bruno