state of wx port

Juha Helminen juhe at nic.fi
Thu Apr 10 18:04:04 BST 2003

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

>Hi Juha,
>did You anything related to the wxwindows port? What does You think about
>the GUI design within wxwindows? I would like to start very quickly and
>read now tutorials, as I am new to c++ code.

I were just read documents for wxWindows. Next step is to make simple
program that has basic controls, reads images, responds to mouse
clicks... plus operating system calls. For me conversion will be easier
as I know already why and what old program does.

I cannot promise quick start for initial program (+ creating layout)
from my side. If you want to know anything from old code I can help in
conversion. There is much copy-paste / find-replace work as same things
are made with a bit different style.

I think that IDE will not change situation too much. For new user it
will be easier to start but later when basic layout is made major work
is in routines -- new code. Have you tested Glade in Linux?

Juha