ptopengui-0.7 bundle for wine

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Tue Apr 1 18:16:19 BST 2003

On Tue 01-Apr-2003 at 05:47:04PM +0200, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> can You give me a link to initially start ptopengui as .exe ?  I
> have not found any hint for SuSE, which runns for me, to enable
> exe's calling directly.

Basically (and I'm not a Wine expert at all), the Linux kernel needs
to know that windows executable files can be run using Wine.

On my redhat systems this is done by an init script that 'registers'
it:

    /etc/init.d/wine start

All it does is this:

    /sbin/modprobe binfmt_misc &>/dev/null
    echo ':windows:M::MZ::/usr/bin/wine:' >/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/register || :
    echo ':windowsPE:M::PE::/usr/bin/wine:' >/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/register || :

On a Debian system, you have to install an extra 'libwine-print'
package to get this stuff working.

So, I would look to see if there is a wine init-script you can run,
or any extra wine packages that you are missing.

Also, make sure that the .exe file is actually executable:

   chmod 755 PTOpenGui.exe

--
Bruno