other stuff on sf

Kai-Uwe Behrmann Kai-Uwe Behrmann <web@tiscali.de>
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:20:51 +0100 (MET)

Am 15.11.02, 11:56 +0200 schrieb Juha Helminen:

> I  uploaded last changes of gui made with BCB to sourceforge. I've
> corrected most of known bugs (not problems with image readings and slice
> optimizations have something that needs looking). Basic functions seem
> to work well -- outlook/layout could be better.
>
> Next task for me will be to learn how to use libtiff and libpng. It
> thought to use same DLLs that Gimp uses.

Maybe I can lock into tiffreading, as I modified tiff.c for filmgimp. I
thought as well about using gimp-plug-in-interface.

> When I start testing this in Linux I should start from installing of
> Mandrake 8.2 or are there better distributions for development? I'm not
> totally new for linux as started from kernel version 0.98. Now compiling
> of kernel is not so easy, "too" much features ;-)

As I know Mandrake uses rpm's for installation. With fast
internet(dsl...) it should be no problem to upload eventually lacking
gtk/glade-, qt- or whatever packages. I personally use SuSE <www.suse.de>,
and expect RedHat or Mandrake offers more tools for developing across
platforms.