PTopengui 0.62 bundle for running with wine/linux

Bruno Postle bruno@postle.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:13:50 +0000

I've been asked this question about getting ptopengui running with
debian linux with wine.  Has anyone else got wine working?

----- Forwarded message from Bruno Postle <bruno@postle.net> -----

> Bruno, I would love to run PTopengui under linux (Debian). However, with
> Wine 20021125 I get some odd errors. Are you running with a fake wine, or
> a mounted ntfs/vfat partition?

I have it working on two boxes (redhat 7.3 and 8.0), neither have
windows partitions.

I couldn't get it to work with "Codeweavers wine", so I had to
revert back to the standard redhat version.  The main difference I
could tell was that redhat can run the .exe file directly
('./program.exe' rather than 'wine program.exe') - This seems to be
important since ptopengui needs to be able to run other .exe
programs.

Looking around, this functionality is enabled on this system by a
boot script: '/etc/init.d/wine start'.

> I copied the dll to .wine/fake_windows/Windows/System/pano12.dll
>
> But when I run it, it's not finding the files in the . directory -- but I
> know nothing of wine, so maybe that's the problem! :)

I'm not a wine expert in any way, in fact this is the only windows
application I have ever had working properly (it's exactly the same
in both windows and linux).

> aeon:/home/reagle/tmp/ptopengui-wine> wine ./PTOpenGui.exe
> fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
> err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) winspool.drv (which is needed by
> Y:\tmp\ptopengui-wine\vcl40.bpl) not found

On the debian box in this office, this file (winspool.drv) is here:

    /home/bruno/.wine/fake_windows/Windows/System/winspool.drv

(I can't test it on Debian today since that is someone elses
workstation)

You could try just copying the winspool.drv file into the same
directory as the .exe file.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Bruno