mock-up of a panorama gui interface

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin@astro.uu.nl
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:44:59 +0200

  Hi Bruno,

Nice work :-)  I cannot compare it to PTGui, as I don't have windows.
Nevertheless a few comments

- what is supposed to hide behind the 'Options' button in the menu
  bar?
- Back/Forward: I suppose this steps to the next/previous tab.  Really
  neccessary?
- cropping: I guess there will be some sort of rulers, either as in XV
  or (more comfortable) like in Gimp?
- Maybe make 'No crop' a radio button and have it 'on' by default?
- Lens settings: From the image it isn't clear how the information is
  handeled.  Normally, I have only one abc/hfov setting for the first
  image and use a=0 etc. for the others.  There should be an easy (and
  obvious) way to achieve that via the gui.
- maybe switch Image orientation and Panorama settings tabs: How do
  you want to preview the panorama if you don't know yet where to put
  the single images?
- is there an (easy) way to store the image orientation settings and
  load them later?  I.e., image one always has pitch 0, roll 0, yaw 0,
  image one has pitch 0, roll 0, yaw 30 and so on?
- Control Points:  Very nice!
  I guess if you click on an existing point the list scrolls to the
  corresponding entry?
  distance is not really clear - I guess this is only there if you
  re-edit an already optimized pano?
  Up and down scroll the list?  Are the corresponding images loaded
  then? Maybe have an extra button 'Goto point' or 'Show point' to
  prevent constant image display when you scroll through the list?
  Adding a point should work without the 'add' button.  I cannot really
  see how adding with the button is supposed to work?? Where will it
  be added?  Or is it 'press add' then 'click to image'?  Would be too
  much, IMHO.
  I like the tabbing of the two windows.  Do you think it is possible
  to have a balloon popup for each tab that shows either filename or
  yaw/pitch settings of that image?
- Output: Colour correction is the intensity/contrast correction
  (parameter k?)
  Why not include the 'Panorama settings' tab here, too?  Does that
  really have to be a separate one?

That's it so far.
It really looks like a great start - I just hope you can get a decion
on the toolkit... (I don't have a real preference except that Qt will
probably be Qt 3, which means I will have to upgrade....)
Cheers,

  Pit

--
Dr. Peter "Pit" Suetterlin                 http://www.astro.uu.nl/~suetter