A critique of the ptgui interface

Bruno Postle bruno@postle.net
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:40:33 +0100

On Wed 17-Apr-2002, Kai-Uwe.Behrmann@VHBAC.SMF.SACHSEN.DE wrote:

> >  What is out-of-place is the correct button, which launches the
> >  photoshop correct-plugin (except I don't have the plugin installed,
> >  so this must come from pano12.dll)
>
> This is a very important point for me because some of the possibitys
> in the correct-plugin are not available elsewhere.

ptgui doesn't integrate this at all, other than letting you pre-process
all your source images with the plugin before doing anything else.

Has anyone had a good look around pano12.* to see what is available?

> Despite of this a particular preview for the lenssettings including
> all of the parameters from the correct-plugin could help easy to
> integrate the physic lenses.

Yes, though I don't know if this is possible.

> > 1.6 Control points
> >
> >  Does anyone use anything other than auto-add?
>
> auto-add ..  what does this mean? Can this programm really
> automatically place CP´s?

No it can't (though pteditor has something like this, it can auto-align
control points if they are not very accurate).

There are two point selection modes in ptgui:

- Normal, you have to click [add] before selecting control points

- Auto, you don't have to click [add]

> As I tried to explain in my list-email I think about an more
> userprocessoriented application.

That's what is nice about ptgui.  I didn't really have any confidence
that I was 'doing it right' until I started using it.

--
Bruno