[OccupySheffieldNews] Fw: Budget week events LOBBY THE COUNCIL !

CLAIRE BOURNE bourne138 at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 24 21:55:29 GMT 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Sheffield Anti Cuts Campaign <sheffieldanticutscampaign at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, 24 February 2013, 17:40
Subject: Budget week events

To SACA mailing list:
This coming week sees some of the key meetings of Sheffield Council
at which it seems they are determined to implement the £50 million additional cuts in Sheffield.

http://meetings.sheffield.gov.uk/council-meetings/this-weeks-meetings

Wednesday 27th Feb 10.00 am Scrutiny Meeting on Children's Services

Wednesday 27th Feb 2.00 pm Cabinet Meeting

Friday 1st March 2.00 pm Full Council Meeting to decide the budget for 2013-14

All of these meetings are open to the public, and questions can be asked.

The meetings on Wednesday are of particular relevance to the well-publicised campaign
to defend Early Year's Services, and in order to plan strategies for these important meetings,
there will be a meeting of those involved plus supporters on

Monday 25th February 5-7pm at the GMB building on Norfolk Street  to plan for the scrutiny board and cabinet meeting on Wednesday . The report that appeared this week confirms that all the original plans are to go ahead (with some changes to Children's Centre areas) and we really need feedback on the current position of the settings who have had funding withdrawn so if you cannot attend could you please send an update. The consultation results and the petition have been completely ignored as has the scrutiny board recommendation of some sort of transitional arrangements. I hope to see as many of you as possible there on Monday so that we can regroup and plan ahead.The link below shows a map of the location.It would be great if as many settings as possible and supporters could attend as we really only have one or two opportunities left to influence the decision on the future of Early Years in Sheffield.

Kind Regards
Sally Pearse

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=GMB+Union+norfolk+street+sheffield&hl=en&ll=53.379079,-1.469958&spn=0.003168,0.006856&sll=53.380423,-1.468371&sspn=0.006336,0.013711&hq=GMB+Union&hnear=Norfolk+St,+Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=17

Sheffield Unite Communities has also called for a lobby of the council budget meeting on
Friday 1st March Sheffield Town Hall from 12.30

http://www.facebook.com/events/484043971657082/

--
Sheffield Anti Cuts Alliance is a grass roots working class anti cuts organisation bringing together trade unionists, campaigners, students, the unemployed, pensioners and disabled people against the cuts.
http://sheffieldanticuts.wordpress.com