[OccupySheffield] NHS protests.

Sarah Wild flyingtroutx at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 22:37:46 GMT 2012

Hello all, this has been posted on Facebook. Should the GA be shortened so this can be attended by all?I'm not sure I can make this week, but I'll try x

This Monday at 8pm (19/03/12), we will be holding a series of coordinated public demonstrations, or NHS Vigils, across the UK to draw attention to the importance of halting the Tory NHS Bill. Everyone interested in peacefully registering their opposition to the NHS Bill is welcome to attend. The key purpose of the meetings is to demonstrate to the House of Lords peers, the night before their crucial vote on the NHS, that the UK people do not want this bill to become law. Only 14% of the UK voters in the last YouGov poll actually wanted the NHS Bill to succeed, as well as this two thirds of NHS workers think the Bill will make things worse. We hope that the peers look favourably upon the peaceful nature of the gatherings and give Lord Owens’ Amendment, to halt the NHS Bill until the NHS Risk Register is published, the support it deserves. Email me on eclarke04 at qub.ac.uk if you wish to know more details about the demonstrations. I will also update this page as organising details are finalised.