[OccupySheffield] Global Comms Newswire - Important Information

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 16 07:54:13 GMT 2012

Dear friends and comrades,

A global newswire is now being developed to allow Assemblies and
Assembly-endorsed workgroups to communicate worldwide in the run up to
May 2012.

The platform utilises a simple RSS feed from each local assembly blog,
and is being designed to share official ideas and projects, develop
political conversation, encourage shared workgroup initiatives and
generally problem-solve between Assemblies. If you would like the
posts from your local Assembly's blog to be automatically broadcast
live at the global newswire, here's how:

(i) set up a special category (named, eg 'newswire') on your blog.
This is important, because it acts as a filter so that only posts you
designate as being for wider consumption get featured.

(ii) register (ie send) the RSS feed address for the special category to:
pan-owner at lists.takethesquare.net

(iii) start posting under your designated category local assembly
content which your local Assembly deems of wider interest

(iv) watch it appear on the global newswire!

Global subscribers to the newswire will then be able to receive your
content easily via subscription at the dedicated site www.peoplesassemblies.org

All posts there will also link subscribers back directly to your local
blog and are open source. For more info (including next Monday meeting):
www.peoplesassemblies.org/newswire

We hope you are as excited as we are about this project, and if you
are be sure to send us your designated RSS feed as soon as possible!

Our next weekly global Mumble meeting will be Monday 19th March at
1730 GMT / 1830 CET / 1330 EST. Email
pan-owner at lists.takethesquare.net for more info :)