[OccupySheffield] [OccupySheffieldPrivate] GA notes, Wednesday 29th February 2012

Mick Ibbotson zapatista2010 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 4 15:21:39 GMT 2012

Can I just update you Dave et al, there is no full council meeting on wednesday - it is on friday being as its budget setting day - can I also advise you will not be able to question them about it as no public questions allowed at this meeting. The opportunity to question the council on their budget plan was last month at cabinet - some people did attend sadly no one from occupy. There will be budget amendment proposals from both the Greens and the Liberals but neither will be passed as Labour will bloc vote theirs and reject the others. It is in effect a foregone conclusion. Sadly the time is past for protest which may change anything in this case. Dave is right, people will be losing their jobs, vital services are being cut as you'd expect as the council strip approximately 10% off their budget from the last year which suffered a 15% cut last time.

Mick

http://lookinluckout.blogspot.com/