[OccupySheffield] Occupy Spring - Friday 9th March. 6:30pm. Sheffield Town Hall. Bring Tent.

Joe joe at occupysheffield.org.uk
Thu Mar 1 00:38:24 GMT 2012

Occupy Sheffield is going to be back on the streets!

Hey there unstoppable ones. Tonight's General Assembly at the Showroom was
a good 'un. Full notes <https://occupywiki.org.uk/wiki/Sheffield/20120229> to
follow on the wiki shortly.

The two main proposals were:

*Proposal to OCCUPY THE STREETS in tents*: a 24 hour pop-up protest against
"The Banks" (which we're still furious about, by the way). Meet on
Sheffield Town Hall steps at 6:30pm, Friday 9th March, with tents, sleeping
bags, flasks, chairs and rebellious smiles. A General Assembly at 6:30pm on
the Friday will be discussing money, policy and actions: alternative
banking / ways forward / "Move Your Money" and the rest. Bring your stats,
stories and ideas. This proposal reached *Consensus*. The overnight camp
location(s) will be decided on the day. Saturday morning (10th March,
10am-12 noon) will give us time for family photos outside your Favorite
Worst Bank(s), and maybe we should call time on Bankers' bonuses too.
Spread the word. This is going to be FUN. If you missed the winter, now's
your chance to OCCUPY and say "We don't have to put up with this!"

*Proposal to fix one GA as the "Weekly" General Assembly*. Monday evenings
at 6:30pm. Additional meetings/GA's can be arranged each week as needed,
but this is to be the main Occupy Sheffield Assembly, beginning Monday 5th
March. Everyone seems happy to have just one GA a week for now. The day can
be flexible in the future if needed, but Mondays gives enough time to lead
up to events on Saturdays. *Consensus reached.*

Occupy Sheffield continues. Ideas/reservations/comments on these proposals
are much appreciated here. Thanks.

Solidarity,

Joe