[OccupySheffield] (no subject)

jean wildgoose jeanwildgoose at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 15:52:19 GMT 2012

Hi Chris
Could you put these minutes on the wiki for me please
Thanks Jean

General assembly minutes  - Occupy Sheffield
5.00 to 6.00 pm at Peace in the Park  9th June

Facilitator Andrea
Minutes   Jean

Present:     Susan Robert Claire Jean Oliver Josh Andrea
Introductions :  Josh is intending to do a dissertation on Occupy Sheffield - I've copied him in to this e-mail - Chris could you put him on the info lists thanks

Information:
We've been invited to take part in Abbeyfield Park festival - funding has just come through for this - we can set up a camp there - 8th July
Also been invited to the Green Fair on 30th June

Should we set up a working group for these so it doesn't all fall on one or two peoples' shoulders?
Andrea will ask Andy if he could design a more up to date leaflet for us to hand out - inc orgs that we have links with - WDM Positive Money etc.- could this include updated Initial Statement?
Should we do cabarets at these festivals?

Reports from Working groups

Street Working Group
Robert and Susan have 1,000 copies of Positive News to hand out free in Fargate from 12 til 4 every Saturday in August ( comprehensive website on Google)
There's a popup tent etc. at Jeans which can also be kept at QMH -
Michael is in touch with Occupy Nottingham speakers' corner people - we can do this at the same time

Communication working group
Chris would like to meet up with two of us to discuss communications - let Andrea know if you'd like to be involved and she'll arrange a meeting

Futures working group
Proposed a discussion board on the website asking everyone who is or has been involved what we should now be doing - we'll discuss this at next GA on Thursday
Proposal that we have a meeting on the Cathedral Forecourt remembering the camp - Jean will ring barrister Michael Paget to check whether there is any legal reason we shouldn't do this

Finance working group
We had a donation of £10 but need information as to where this should go and how much we have all together. I (Jean)have made a unilateral decision to use £8.50 of this to pay invoice from Quakers for photocopying leaflets there while we were in the camp - hope this is ok

Next GA Thursday 14th June at the Peace Gardens - moving in to the Winter Gardens if it's raining - bring nibbles so we can say we're having a picnic

Agenda for Thursday
Robert's letter from St Pauls  - Creating Alternatives
Trip to Occupy London

Thanks to Claire for extremely successful cabaret to Robert and Jean and Steve for tarpaulin chairs banners etc and to all who were at Peace in the Park