[OccupySheffield] Monthly council meeting taking place on the 13th of June

Andy Cropper (personal email) artbyandyc at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 12:59:55 GMT 2012

There's the monthly council meeting on this coming Wednesday the 13th of June, Will be going along and Nidge is wanting to verbally 'kick off' by asking some difficult questions and 'recontextualise' some of the announcements that are being made by our councillors, which are supposedly for our benefit

 such as why has our government given Stagecoach the monies for 19 new buses (it's a private company they should be paying for this themselves) , and funded a £58 million investment of the Supertram (Stagecoach again) extension to Rotherham

 (don't get me wrong these are good things...BUT... it is a private company who's remit when taking on the services was that they would be providing all infrastructure and services hence showing how private could do it better) once again the tax payer is paying for a private concern, oh by the way they made a £191 million profit last year

here's all the meeting details, notes and agendas - http://meetings.sheffield.gov.uk/council-meetings/full-council

want to come along??? want to get gobby alongside me mister?? Will be meeting up in side the townhall foyer at 1pm

Axx

Andy Cropper
Painter/Artist
12 Parkfield Place