[OccupySheffield] Occupy London - Creating Alternatives 16th June

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 7 07:28:19 GMT 2012

*Creating Alternatives
2pm Saturday 16th June
On the Steps of St Pauls Cathedral *

"The time has come to choose the kind of society we want to live in."
Ha-Joon Chang, June 2012

*What do people need to live well? What are the resources that we wish to
claim for the people? How should decisions be made in our communities?*

... Occupy London has moved into a new phase and is focusing its amazing
talent, energy and inspiration around the themes of community, commons and
localism. Our task is to turn occupation into lasting change by imagining
and building compelling, just and democratic alternatives to the current
morally bankrupt system.

To achieve radical change we need to continue building a people's movement,
reaching out to different groups in society, forging strong alliances and
mass-mobilising to bring about the more beautiful world our hearts tell us
is possible. Occupy London is therefore planning a series of general
assemblies exploring the themes of community, commons and localism.

This series starts on Saturday 16th June and will continue until the end of
August.

We invite individuals from grassroots organisations and community groups to
get in touch with us to participate in these assemblies. We want you to
spread the word about these assemblies as widely as possible. Together we
can claim what has been taken from us and assert our rights as communities
over the corporate state.

Email: occupylondonga at gmail.com
Twitter: @occupylondonga

Invite all your friends! See you there!