[OccupySheffield] [OccupySheffieldPrivate] Seize the Day NOT coming for Conference

Nicole Occupy nicole_jewitt at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 18 23:16:23 GMT 2012

YT is coming now.

This was sent from my HTC on O2

----- Reply message -----
From: "Ash Ghinn" <a.ghinn at btinternet.com>
To: "occupysheffield at email-lists.org" <occupysheffield at email-lists.org>
Subject: [OccupySheffieldPrivate] [OccupySheffield] Seize the Day NOT coming    for Conference
Date: Wed, Jan 18, 2012 22:52

I rang Shannon from Seize the Day tonight, and I'm afraid they won't be coming. I'd had a conversation with Theo last week and he'd said they'd get back to me if they had any probs. The trouble was, they DID have probs, and emailed me, but I never saw it.

Originally the whole band had kindly agreed to come (if we could cover their travel costs - about £240) but at a GA soon after this was thought to be beyond Occupy Sheffield's budget, and I was asked to propose to have just three of them, like we had in November (estimated travel cost about £100). I put this proposal to them, and they were considering how they could do it. Then at a GA last week, it was agreed that having them all would be so much better for both Occupy andSeize the Day that we ought to get them all up and find ways to cover the travel costs for the whole band. I wrote an email to them explaining this change but didn't see their reply (dated 13th Jan) until I found it in my SPAM folder tonight. :-(

Shannon's email:

The £100 meant that only some of the band could
come initially and so we didn't ask everyone and now because it's so close to
the time David (our main guitarist!) has another gig, so does Rich, Jim has a
family gathering and so it goes on...
 We have tried really hard to get there but we
can't...
 I'm really sorry Ash!

Theo, Ali and David were so buoyed up by coming in
November...they really felt something good was happening in Sheffield and I feel
gutted to let you down...

Good luck with the weekend and sorry
again...

Shannon x
Sorry folks! We'll have to get them up for the summer!!

Ash