[OccupySheffield] Stop McWorkfare. No to Slave Labour.

Public Wantchange thepublicwantchange at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 14:08:56 GMT 2012

Stop the government's attacks on young unemployed people - end the slave labour schemes in McDonald's!

 The most recent scheme from the ConDems to 'get Britain back to work' is to take away benefits from anyone who refuses to take part in unpaid work for companies such as McDonald's, Boots, Primark and many others. The government insists that this would provide 'work experience' for lazy youths a...nd workshy teenagers - the reality is that these schemes provide slave labour for large multinational companies, which will be used to undermine the wages and conditions of those already working in those companies, with no incentive whatsoever to provide employment to young people.

 Join us at 5pm on Monday at McDonald's for a protest against McWorkfare - we will be handing letters to staff explaining how workfare will affect them, giving leaflets to members of the public to raise awareness of this dreadful scheme, as well as making some noise to make the management well aware of our disgust. If you're working in a paid job why not pop down after work and support those are aren't being paid for their work?
See more Stop McWorkfare! No to Slave Labour!  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002463157419#!/occupysheffield ‎27 February at 17:00, McDonalds, 20-22 High St, Sheffield.