[OccupySheffield] Occupy Sheffield - Process Working Group update

Joe joe at occupysheffield.org.uk
Wed Feb 8 14:37:48 GMT 2012

No way is it pointless! There was General Assembly consensus a couple of
weeks ago that the camp was stretched for resources at certain times of
day, and should be planning for eviction/moving forward, as the High Court
Case approaches. Just because the Cathedral is prepared to violently evict
a peaceful protest doesn't mean that's the end of the movement in
Sheffield. There will always be General Assemblies in public space even if
the tents are gone. The Citadel of Hope is a resource that Occupy are
likely to be able to share for a while yet, and new temporary occupations
could spring up at any moment on new sites, right?

I would have thought it was critical to get Process and communication
running smoothly as we take on February.

The Citadel situation went through court last month. The owner has right of
possession from the 21st February, so can can legally take the building
from then if anyone was still there. This has been public knowledge since
the court day.

Snowy regards,

Joe