[OccupySheffield] just back from the Unlock Democracy meeting this evening..

Andy Cropper (personal email) artbyandyc at aol.com
Thu Apr 12 22:31:59 GMT 2012

just back from the 'Unlock Democracy' meeting this evening..

a very very interesting and fascinating debate, I made quite extenive notes I will be writing up tonight before bed and will post to both 'info' and the email list

the speakers: Paul Blomfield (MP for Sheffield Central), Cllr Joe Otten (Chair, Sheffield Hallam Liberal Democrats) and  Tamasin Cave (Director, Spinwatch).

Tamasin is the creator and presenter in this film about the Health Lobby called the "The Health Industry Lobbying Tour"   which can be viewed after this link http://vimeo.com/18907486  On a personal note  when I got involved with Occupy back in October I stumbled across this film back then and this is one of he main things that made me more militant ...I highly encourage watching this video

Spinwatch website - http://www.spinwatch.org/
Spinwatch page on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spinwatch/110508819003186
Spinwatch profile on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Spinwatch?ref=ts
Spinwatch on Twitter - @Spinwatch

and look at all the pages that Spinwatch recommends to get info from - http://www.spinwatch.org/links-information-14

the event itself was set up by Unlock Democracy UK

website - http://action.unlockdemocracy.org.uk/
facebook - https://www.facebook.com/unlockdemocracy
twitter - @UnlockDemocracy

And this is another website i came cross which i think is of interest - http://www.lobbyingtransparency.org/