[OccupySheffield] Draft Aims and Objectives

Dave Havard deacondave777 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 19:16:44 GMT 2011

Hi all,

Please look at these draft aims and objectives and get back to me with any
suggested changes ASAP.  I want to bring them to Saturday's GA for
approval.  They are in response to Bishop Steven's request for specific
ideas of what we want before the meeting with cathedral and church leaders
on Monday.

This draft was developed at the GA on Tuesday with amendments by those who
have seen it since.

Should we also ask for discussions on Bishop Steven's 8 points in all local
churches including the cathedral ?

*Draft Aims and Objectives*

*Occupy Sheffield*

*25 Nov 2011*

   1.

   To be a public presence and to raise awareness of economic injustice and
   inequality.
   2.

   To be a place for public discussion;

      a place for people to voice their concerns and listen to one another

      a place to model a new way of participatory democracy.

   1.

   To hold politicians and business leaders to account
   2.

   To live an example of caring community
   3.

   To plan and carry out actions (including non violent direct actions) to
   bring about real change in society.