[OccupySheffield] Carl's letter

Dave Havard deacondave777 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:03:21 GMT 2011

Hi Folks,

I don't know how to respond to Carl's latest letter or even if I should
respond at all.  I assume he is upset by my letter to the bishop and the
line, "They have chosen to only engage with us through Carl and this
approach is clearly not working."  I can't see that this misrepresents
anyone.  It seems to me like a statement of fact which is beyond dispute
and not a personal attack on Carl.  Where else have we been misrepresenting
cathedral staff ?

Sorry guys, I attempted to build a personal relationship with Carl and the
dean and it has not worked.  I seem to have made matters worse.  As Mary
said we need to have a consistent approach to the cathedral and a small
group to talk to them.  Maybe I should back off.  Canon Chris got angry
with me 2 days ago when I tried to talk to him.

Any suggestions as to how we should move forward on this ?

Or should we wait for someone else to mediate ?

Blessings and peace,
Deacon Dave