[OccupySheffield] Draft Notes from the Occupy Sheffield meeting 2nd November 2011

Chris chrisc at indymedia.org.uk
Wed Nov 2 22:10:24 GMT 2011

Hi

Some notes that were put on the wiki as the meeting was
taking place, there was 25/30 people at the meeting:

Agreed to post a mp3 of the meeting on the web site.

Decisions will be made using consensus.

The meeting agreed that we were going to Occupy Sheffield.

Meeting with the Council 2pm Thursday to see what their view would be of an
occupation.

The indication is that the Council don't want us at these locations due to
other planned activities:

- Barkers Pool
- Front of Town Hall

Informal discussions have taken place with the Cathedral and the Blue Moon.

Peace Gardens is a possibility, will there be an Ice Rink there this winter?

Devonshire Green - good if we need lots of space, but out of the way.

Location to be agreed on the day the occupation starts.

Date to start the occupation, 5th November 2011, meet at the City Hall steps at
noon.

Things that are needed Sheffield/Wishlist.

Web presence, set up a word press site at http://occupysheffield.org.uk/ team
will be needed to update content.

Kitchen, food, collecting skipped food.

There was a consensus that the BNP / EDL would not be welcome.

First aiders were discussed.

Aims of the protest were discussed, to be on the agenda of the first general
assembly. A statement from http://www.occupytogether.org/ was read out and it
was agreed this was a good starting point.

The notes are posted here:

https://occupywiki.org.uk/Sheffield/20111102#Notes

All the best

Chris