[OccupySheffield] [Occupy London] Re: [INT] Fwd: [Squares] MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

J L hemipemi at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 31 15:42:29 GMT 2011

Yes yes yes!

VERY interested and willing to look into the exact details and practicalities of this shift.

I think a lot of it will come down to having a large enough network of occupations and facilities around the country available to maintain this off-system economy. Bike networks, resource management, (sourcing, sharing, distribution), free accomodation through Occupation sites and buildings, etc, and everything with a clear route towards becoming 100% off grid.

Also jobs. If it's to work we need to completely reestablish what job positions are needed in a functioning alternative society. A long term gameplan could be necessary with the assumption that a lot of early jobs would be related to the establishment and creation of the system rather than it's continued operation and maintenance.

We need to look very carefully at all the mistakes that have been made
in small scale attempts that have been made of this. Occupation sites and public eco-villages (past and present) would all be a good point of
reference). I freudean typed that last line as "Occupation sites ARE public eco-villages". That might be a good principle to employ ;)

Jonathan