[OccupySheffield] Season's greetings and news links from Occupy London outreach team

outreach at occupylsx.org outreach at occupylsx.org
Fri Dec 23 18:12:18 GMT 2011

Dear fellow occupiers,

We just wanted to update you with some recent London news – all of it good.

Please note also that there's another national conference in Sheffield on
21 - 22 January -- hope you can make it!

·         You may have seen that we’ve occupied our fourth site: Occupy
Justice – to put the 1% on trial.   (http://occupylsx.org/?p=2602; If the
link doesn’t work, look for a news item scrolling on the righthand side of
http://occupylondon.org.uk/ , or just google “Occupy Justice”)

·         The court case against the St Paul’s site
(http://occupylsx.org/?p=2660) has gone well, our side's testimony was
fantastic, and the judge won't make his decision till 11 January at the
earliest.  Meanwhile, media stories earlier this week claiming Occupy
London has decided to leave St Paul’s are highly inaccurate! See
http://occupylsx.org/?p=2617. No one guessed, when we set up camp by the
stock exchange on 15 October that more than two months later we would
still be here, getting stronger, spreading, and looking to the future.

·         The Bank of Ideas (http://occupylsx.org/?p=2613), too, faced a
court hearing on Monday, but is now safe till January at least.

·         Holiday celebrations started early, with a great Sing-Up and
some big name performers last night.  http://occupylsx.org/?p=2613.  There
will be more, public and in-house celebrating over the course of the next
week or so.

·         The latest issue of Occupied Times can be seen (and downloaded
from) here:  http://www.theoccupiedtimes.co.uk/OTISSUE7.pdf

Here’s hoping we all have a good holiday season, safe and merry and not
too cold!  We’ll look forward to seeing you in Sheffield on January 21 –
22.

Occupy London Outreach